Last month, I wrote about the apps that I’ve found useful for my new iPad and iPhone. Since then, I’ve found a few more that I wanted to share.
- Hootsuite (can also be downloaded on Android, and used on your desktop) I would recommend a Hootsuite business account here. Social Media Management for Businesses is great because you can get a team involved in your social media endeavors. And the free account limits you on number of accounts you can add. Since I manage several Facebook pages, twitter accounts, LinkedIn, etc., I definitely needed the upgrade. I think any business would want to upgrade because of the social media tools they need to use.
- Linea This app makes beautiful photo layouts. I wish it would do a slideshow, but other than that, it is good. You create a “line” for whatever you’d like; kids, kitchen, bath, exterior, Jones Project, etc. Each line is its own set of photography. Of course, you can show it, but you can also share the pictures with friends, or upload the pictures and print a book.
- GoTasks This is a beautiful workflow app. I got started with Google tasks due to my last phone being an Android. I use it to enter those tasks I want to remember for tomorrow morning, bills to pay next week, or outline how I plan to prepare for the presentation at next month’s meeting. Give a task a due date, and GoTasks will remind you when it’s due.
We recently purchased some new technology to expand our capabilities and options for communicating our passion for good design and good business. This new direction has placed me square in the middle of a black hole of options now. Who can I follow? Where can I follow them? What is going to be my practice so I don’t fall into the black hole of social media wherein one can waste so much time? Searching for articles on iTunes apps for designers and business has yielded few results. I’ve even suggested this topic to a magazine editor today. Then, the thought flew into my mind, “Why don’t you write down what you’ve found in your searching, and list the few that look like they could help?” So, here I am… Mind you, this is a list of iPhone and iPad apps. Sorry Android, I did switch to the other side.
- Social Media
- Flipboard This has been a great find, and, I think, helps to reduce the time in the black hold of time wasting while maximizing what you want to see.
- Pinterest I’ve had fun getting on this one and just sharing some great looking pictures.
- Houzz Do I need to say more?
- Facebook Pages